Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Time. Paying attention to the present moment.







I looked at the clock and it was only 10:58 am. OOF. Time goes slow when you are paying attention to time. I promised myself I would continue to engage my life in the present moment but when you have to sit in a desk for 32 of 40 hours a week with nothing to do in the South Korean country side besides read a lot of great books (which ain’t so bad), the present moment becomes a playground for the imagination of future and past delinquencies. Keeping a blog must mean that from time to time it is to be updated. With nothing much to say than a flutter of experiences experienced, I feel that the explanation of such events would alter their significance or make them more superfluous than they really were. Pictures tell a thousand words, but words construct a picture in the mind that is original to each reader every time. If everyone sees the same picture, there is nothing left to the imagination. Words however make the experience personal. Who really cares about what happens to me anyways. I could tell you that no matter what happens to me, I will continue to live and view life through a positive lens. I could tell you how I missed my flight from Denver to Calgary and that I tried to pass the time with red wine and that we all know what happens next. I could tell you that after that red wine, those little airplane barf bags were my best friend for the following 3 hours as we glided at a cruising altitude of 3000 metres over the Rocky Mountains. I could also tell you that I spent my vacation doused in illegality, indulging in the low-responsibility fix of someone who is fortunate enough to have said vacation paid. And how I was able to meet and revel in the company of old friends, even though said meetings were scheduled by the hour.

Time. A man-made (probably not woman-made) construct that we all are, have been or will be a prisoner to at least once in our lives. From time to time (no pun intended), we are able to escape these boundaries that Time forces upon our experiences. These are the greatest moments of life. Leisurely existing for the purpose only to exist without the question of “what time is it?”. Ahh. That sounds nice. Some people are too bound by time to notice the beauty of simplicity that surrounds them. Listen to the birds and welcome the bugs and insects however pesky they may be. We say we are too busy. We make excuses. Those excuses are a choice. Those excuses are a mentality. I could tell you that no matter what happens to me, I will continue to live and view life through a positive lens and that I am only somewhat bound by time. I have the choice, I have a certain mentality. And I have now updated my blog.







































































No comments: