Friday, April 13, 2012

What a Wonder



Over the course of a year, studio recordings, mixing sessions, website designing, a whole bunch of ukulele playing and cooking up a storm almost everyday have invaded my day to day. (Thank you Josh for doing the dishes!)

I have co-authored two cookzines and am currently working on another and most recently finally, I have launched my debut album to the world. What an experience. While making "Saving Earthworms from Sun Scorched Death", I have learned so much in the process and now I can share this work with you.

When so much happens in the real world, it is hard to share it all with you here. No matter how busy I get, I do still have time to contemplate little things. Sometimes when the wind blows, I get an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. This just happened. A feeling from my far away, a long gone past. I can't quite place it but I feel like I've known it from before. Maybe its that same recycled wind from years back and it's come back again. Somehow my body, my cells have an innate sense of recognition. It just knows. But my mind can't comprehend such things. As soon as I try to identify its source, the wind is gone.

So then I stand at the bus stop and in front of me stands a tree. Tall and unwaivering under the constant perssure that surrounds it. What a wonder for a tree to be there amisdt the concrete and the cars. It stands strong and doesn't complain about the constant CO2 it must transform into oxygen. It stands solid and still grows deep underneath the concrete that engulfs it. This is a beautiful reminder of how life continues no matter the shit it must handle and that truely, life is too deep to be disturbed by its ever changing surface.

Please support my album and get yourself a digital download today! Get your copy HERE.

No comments: