Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Today is just as important as any other day

As it stands, the vagabond in me has risen to the surface and continues on her merry way, dirty dirt-bag feet a walkin'. It is the day before my journey. I have in fact been wandering for some time now, unable to tear myself away from the cabin in the woods - yes, the crooked cabin in the woods. My ma has been living on Vancouver Island and I decided to make a pit stop for a few weeks while gathering a list of contributers for the summer edition zine from the kitchens of pinch and dash. This place is magical. Quick lil' bunnies and graceful deer visit my back yard daily. Now in and about Vancouver, I am drawn to the pockets of communities and health-enriching organic veg movement. It may be my perception after living in Asia for the last 4 years with a quick 3 year stop in Mexico before that, but Canada has changed. Before I can take in all the reverse culture shock and the growing comfort of sleeping on friends' floors, couches and in cars, I must hasten off to Haiti to begin road trippin it once again. Maybe I'll have a few hours to soak up the sun on Miami beach first?

No comments: